It's been two weeks since my last post, and a lot has changed since:
- Ilya Kovalchuck, one of those players I didn't exactly hate but didn't love either, retired from the NHL to play in the KHL. Good luck to him, and to New Jersey too.
- The Caps re-signed Karl Alzner, one of the key cogs of our defense. Thank god.
- The Caps have not signed Mikhail Grabovski, and it looks like the Caps are going to go with Brooks Laich as the 2nd-line-center. Not a bad idea at all...
- The NHL has allowed the players to play in the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi. Good decision.
- Along with that, the NHL has released the schedules for every team. The Caps have a tough but winnable schedule. Too bad there are still only four games against Pittsburgh...
- Along with that, the NHL released the division names for realignment. Whereas everybody assumed that we would be in the Atlantic Division, Jagr Division, Lemieux Division, etc. the NHL has put the Caps in the all new Metropolitan Division (talk about the worst name ever).
So, in the past two weeks there has been a lot, and in the next, there will be a lot more. Hopefully, analysis will come...
Post a Comment