Saturday, June 15, 2013

LEAK: Alex Ovechkin Has Won the Hart Trophy

According to TSN's Insider Trading, Alex Ovechkin has won the 2013 Hart Trophy for league MVP.

To make sure, tune in to NBCSN at 7 ET to watch the rest of the awards. Other awards were announced yesterday, with:

BRIDGESTONE MESSIER LEADERSHIP:
My Pick: Daniel Alfredsson
Winner: Daniel Alfredsson
Good choice, voters.

JACK ADAMS (BEST COACH):
My Pick: Paul McLean
Winner: Paul McLean
Paul deserved this more than anybody else (btw, Adam Oates was 8th place in voting).

LADY BYNG (SPORTSMANSHIP):
My Pick: Matt Moulson
Winner: Martin St. Louis
Congrats, Mart. You're really a class act.

FRANK J. SELKE (DEFENSIVE FORWARD):
My Pick: Patrice Bergeron
Winner: Jonathan Toews
Toews had to win something.

BILL MASTERTON (PERSEVERANCE):
My Pick: Josh Harding
Winner: Josh Harding
Nobody else deserved this more than him.

GMOTY:
My Pick: Marc Bergevin
Winner: Ray Shero
I'm not buying it. I'm just not buying it.

Those were the major awards released yesterday. To see my other predictions, go here. If, in fact, Ovechkin did win the Hart, here is why I think he did.

Insider Trading also leaked that PK Subban took the Norris Trophy for best defenseman and Jonathan Huberdeau won the Calder for Best Rookie.

This would be OV's third Hart Trophy to go along with his third 'Rocket' Richard Trophy for leading goal-scorer.

No comments:

Post a Comment